Thursday, May 26, 2011

Screen Time

Hi, I'm Jennifer. I saved this post as a draft a year and a half ago, but no one's enjoying it in my Blogger dashboard. So here goes... my first post for AWEWWE. Enjoy.

"Ballet Mecanique," 1924:


lots more after the jump...


1940s Auroratone concert film:


"Yantra," James Whitney, 1957:


"Electronics in the World of Tomorrow," Erkki Kurenniemi, 1964:


"Offon," Scott Bartlett, 1967:


"Arabesque," John Whitney, 1975:


"Video Weavings," Stephen Beck, 1976:


"Starship," Ron Hays, 1979:


"Digital Dance," Ed Tannenbaum, 1982:


"Birth of the Starchild," Sarah Enid Hagey, 2007:


And here's a track from one of my favorite albums so far this year, appropriately titled for this post:

Leyland Kirby, "Live for the Future, Long for the Past," Intrigue & Stuff Vol. 1 (mp3)

1 comments:

David.Dobbs said...

Heyllo, I wanted to say excellent on the 11 11 11 mix. I'm going to put it on my radio show next week if thats cool.?

Post a Comment

how it do?